IP for local Sharepoint Server Using Windows Auth

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:23 AM

One more questing. We're using ADFS and Windows Auth in a single WebApp. Which IP is to be used when trying make the local Sharepoint-Server using Windows Authentication? When logged on to the Sharepoint Server and trying to browse my WebApp it always leads me to ADFS Auth.

$signInconfig.SingInPageMappings.Remove("default") 
$signInconfig.SingInPageMappings.Add("default", "/_trust/default.aspx?trust=ADFS") 
$signInconfig.AddProviderMapping("default", "EWE ADFS") 
$signInconfig.AddProviderMapping("10.1.98.200", "Windows Authentication") # Local Sharepoint Server's IP 
$signInconfig.AddProviderMapping("localhost", "Windows Authentication") 
$signInconfig.AddProviderMapping("127.0.0.1", "Windows Authentication") 
$signInconfig.AddProviderMapping("172.21.162.*", "Windows Authentication")

Any ideas? 

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Have you resolved this issue somehow? We also need to restrict that windows authentication  should be used when accessing site from sharepoint server...

I think the problem is regular expression in AutoSignin.cs, where there are always 3 first address octets taken and an * is appended to the end. So pattern which will be used to find match in provider mappings is always X.Y.Z.*. If provider mapping contains eg. 192.168.0.1, there will be never a match, because it will be always search for 192.168.0.*.

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM

No, I'm afraid we never really solved this issue...

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Same issue here.

Could you please update the solution so that any ip-pattern is possible?
Our customer has a lot of subnets and I don't want to add any possible patterns to the config.

In my opinion we should be able to add any pattern, like 192.*.*.*, or 192.168.*.*, or 192.168.1.*, or 192.168.1.1

Thanks a lot

ps: maybe you should get the whole configured ip-patterns and then regex them against the current client-ip, instead the other way round.